Monday, April 12, 2021
In support of the NACA Mission and Vision, the NACA® NEXT Advisory Board Chair oversees the NACA® NEXT Advisory Board, supports its initiatives, and ensures that all activities are aligned with its mission, which is to provide guidance and direction in the updating and upkeep of NACA® NEXT in an effort to provide the best usability and experience to NACA members.
• Works with Education and Research Manager and the Research and Scholarship Group liaison to develop meeting agendas that advance the mission of NACA® NEXT Advisory Board and NACA.
• Facilitates NACA® NEXT Advisory Board meetings.
• Works with the Education and Research Manager and the Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services to fill open volunteer positions for the NACA® NEXT Advisory Board within the guidelines established by the National Volunteer Development Team.
• Works with the Education and Research Manager to identify projects/tasks for each year in alignment with the NACA® NEXT Advisory Board Charge and NACA’s mission/vision.
• Manages the work of the group by designating sub-committees and small work groups to achieve key tasks, as needed.
• Represents the NACA® NEXT Advisory Board at NACA events and meetings as available. (Note: While there are benefits related to on-site participation during live events, NACA recognizes it is not always financially feasible for its members.)
• Integrates and supports principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA Policies and Procedures.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with event and program initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Communicates the Association’s mission and values to current and potential members to actively promote recruitment and retention.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
• Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
• Must be a full-time professional staff member at an NACA member institution.
• Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
• NACA Connect
• NACA Google Drives
Term of Service
• Two Year
• May 1st – April 30th
NACA Office Liaison
Education and Research Manager
Cultivating a Sense of Belonging
Experiential Leadership Learning
Intentionality in Student Learning
Networking & Business Relationships
Policy Knowledge, Development & Management
Recruitment and Retention
Volunteer & Staff Management