Audience: Students, Professional Staff, Athletic Department Staff
NACA® S.P.I.R.I.T. Institute (Spirit, Pride, Involvement, Relationships, Impact, Traditions) is a three day event that focuses on collegiate spirit, pride, and traditions. The institute will be available to both student delegates and professional staff. Delegates could include members from spirit clubs, programming boards, student affairs professionals, and athletic department staff.
The vision of the S.P.I.R.I.T. Institute is to provide students and professional staff guidance with creating, implementing, revamping, or sustaining successful traditions and programs that evoke school spirit and pride on their campus.
POTENTIAL INSTITUTE TOPICS
This institute will include presentations, round table discussions, panels, and many opportunities to connect with other schools. Participants will gain knowledge, engage in discussion, and learn about best practices in the following topics:
- Student engagement/involvement in athletic fan base
- Creating and fostering school pride and spirit
- Defining what school pride looks like for various types of institutions
- Creating campus-wide initiatives that spark and maintain school pride
- Advising spirit and traditions groups/organizations
- Developing student involvement opportunities that center around spirit, pride and traditions
- Recruiting and retaining students to an athletic fan base/student planning initiative
- Building a relationship with the Athletic Department
- Developing sponsorships and corporate, community, and campus partnerships
- Student leadership development
- Advisor best practices
- Exploring and defining impact at institutions
- Creating, maintaining, and changing campus traditions
- Event management
- Fundraising/money management
*You must be 18 years old or older to participate.
For more information on this institute, please contact: