The NACA® Summer Leadership Event at Walt Disney World is a leadership development program for student leaders and advisors that utilizes educational programs and tours presented by Walt Disney World Cast Members to teach participants how Disney develops leaders and creates magical experiences for their guests and cast members. Student Affairs professionals work with the participants to connect this information to their leadership roles on campus. |
Questions? Contact Member Relations.
July 31-August 3, 2022
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort (FL)
Dates: July 31-August 3, 2022
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
1000 W Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
- NACA Member Rate (undergraduate students** and professional staff/graduate students):
- Early by June 15 : $890
- Regular by July 6: $980
(undergraduate students** and professional staff/graduate students):
Early by June 15: $1135
Regular by July 6: $1305
*Registration includes program materials, admission to two parks (Monday in EPCOT and Tuesday in Magic Kingdom), and Sunday dinner-Tuesday dinner meals. Students will participate in the Disney Imagination Campus "Leadership the Disney Way" course on Monday at EPCOT. Note - due to some of Disney's pandemic-related changes, the professional staff/graduate student curriculum will not include a backstage tour that used to be offered in previous year's programs. Hotel rooms are not included in the registration fee, see below for booking your room at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort.
**Due to the Disney program capacity limitations, undergraduate student registration is limited to 60 students.
Attendees must by 18 or older to participate.
Hotel Reservations (not included in registration fee):
- NACA room rate: $185+tax per night (totaling approx. $555+tax for the length of the program).
- You are responsible for booking your own room reservation at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. NACA's hotel rate is available several days before and after the Institute. Rooms are limited, so book early.
Book your hotel rooms here
Vacation Planning Resource
- Utilize this special
NACA microsite if you plan to add-on to your experience.
- View discounted options for Disney park tickets, plan your visit, and more.
NACA's hotel rate is available a few days before and after the Institute. Rooms are limited, so book early.
All participants will be required to show proof of full vaccination or recent negative COVID-19 PCR test to gain entry to in-person activities. This policy follows guidance and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as many businesses, organizations, entertainment venues, and college campuses. These protocols are for the protection of all NACA-sponsored event, conference, and institute attendees, as well as their communities as we travel to and from in-person events. For more information visit the Vaccinating/Testing requirements website.
All participants are strongly encouraged, but not required, to wear a mask during the institute (unless required by state/local entities).
What can you expect to gain from an Institute?
STUDENTS will be able to:
- Integrate principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion on campus
- Demonstrate effective communication
- Exhibit enhanced leadership skills
- Demonstrate enhanced competence in critical thinking, problem solving and decision making
ADVISORS will be able to: