UPDATE ON STUDENT GOVERNMENT INSTITUTE - WEST 2020
Unfortunately, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, our in-person NACA® Institutes will be postponed for this summer. This includes the 2020 Student Government Institute - West. We are grateful to the many volunteers who have worked diligently to prepare for these programs and saddened the Institutes will not occur this summer.
WHAT IS THE STUDENT GOVERNMENT INSTITUTE - WEST?
Audience: Students and Advisors
The NACA® Student Government Institute - West is a leadership development program for student government representatives and professional advisors. Utilizing various current leadership development theories, the institute curriculum is developed to provide participants with strategies to best represent diverse groups of students and organizations. The hands-on curriculum is designed to focus on refining personal leadership skills, building professional experiences, and defining the role of student government.
- Develop the leadership skills of themselves and their councils;
- Enhance their knowledge of student government basics, including structures and procedures;
- Learn practices to improve relationships with university officials and campus staff;
- Discuss ways to create a desired impression of student government;
- Exchange resource materials with other school delegates;
- Build a network with other student government leaders and student government advisors; and
- Discuss theories and best practices, as well as common experiences with other student government advisors.