July 19-22, 2018
Fort Lewis College (CO)
Audience: Students and Advisors
The NACA® Student Government Institute - West is a leadership development program for student government representatives and professional advisors. Utilizing various current leadership development theories, the institute curriculum is developed to provide participants with strategies to best represent diverse groups of students and organizations. The hands-on curriculum is designed to focus on refining personal leadership skills, building professional experiences, and defining the role of student government.
- Develop the leadership skills of themselves and their councils;
- Enhance their knowledge of student government basics, including structures and procedures;
- Learn practices to improve relationships with university officials and campus staff;
- Discuss ways to create a desired impression of student government;
- Exchange resource materials with other school delegates;
- Build a network with other student government leaders and student government advisors; and
- Discuss theories and best practices, as well as common experiences with other student government advisors.
Early Registration Fees and Deadlines:
$566 for NACA® Member until June 7
$708 for Non Member until June 7
Regular Registration Fees and Deadlines:
$651 for NACA® Member after June 7
$814 for Non Member after June 7
Commuter Registration Fee(No On-Campus Housing Required) - $496
Delegate Housing Extra Night(July 18 only – no meals provided) - $23
Parking Pass - FREE
Registration Opens: February 12
Final Registration Deadline: June 21
This event is now at capacity. Registration is closed. If you would like to be placed on a waiting list in case of any cancellations, please contact Dionne Ellison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration includes the following:
- Housing on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights (July 19, 20, and 21)
- Dinner on Thursday, July 19
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on Friday, July 20
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on Saturday, July 21
- Breakfast on Sunday, July 22
NACA® Institute Refund Policy
Refunds for registration will be made only for requests received in writing at the NACA® Office prior to the early registration deadline. No refunds will be given for registrations after this date, however delegate substitutions may be allowed if the request is submitted no later than 4 weeks prior to the start of the institute. A $100 administrative fee will be charged for any cancellation.
*You must be 18 years old or older to participate
For more information on this institute, please contact: