2020 Dates & Location TBA
Audience: Students and Advisors
The NACA® Student Government Institute - West is a leadership development program for student government representatives and professional advisors. Utilizing various current leadership development theories, the institute curriculum is developed to provide participants with strategies to best represent diverse groups of students and organizations. The hands-on curriculum is designed to focus on refining personal leadership skills, building professional experiences, and defining the role of student government.
- Develop the leadership skills of themselves and their councils;
- Enhance their knowledge of student government basics, including structures and procedures;
- Learn practices to improve relationships with university officials and campus staff;
- Discuss ways to create a desired impression of student government;
- Exchange resource materials with other school delegates;
- Build a network with other student government leaders and student government advisors; and
- Discuss theories and best practices, as well as common experiences with other student government advisors.
NACA® Institute Refund Policy
You must be 18 years or older to participate in this institute.
Refunds for registration will be made only for requests received in writing at the NACA® Office prior to the early registration deadline. No refunds will be given for registrations after this date, however delegate substitutions may be allowed if the request is submitted no later than 4 weeks prior to the start of the institute. A $100 administrative fee will be charged for any cancellation.