July 11-14, 2019
Old Dominion University (VA)
Audience: Students and Advisors
NACA® Student Government
Institute - East assists student governments in the development of strong, effective, student-driven leadership on campus. The institute is designed to help define the role of the student governments as liaisons for students and organizations. It is also an interactive program designed to focus both on personal leadership development and strengthening one’s organization on campus. In addition to educational sessions and roundtables, delegates will have the opportunity to work closely with each other and learn from shared resources. Additionally, there will be an advisor’s track that will serve as resource for networking, idea sharing and more.
- Learn how to improve relationships with university officials and campus staff;
- Discuss ways to create a desired impression of the student government;
- Establish a plan for working with campus and local media;
- Learn to create school spirit and loyalty through collaboration with other campus groups;
- Develop a role for the SGA in fostering a strong town-gown relationship;
- Learn to create programs to ensure leadership transition from one year to the next;
- Gain ideas on how to use technology to maximize student government presence, programs and services;
- Exchange resource materials with other school delegates through networking opportunities;
- Learn ways to recognize the diversity on campus and support the development of programs to achieve this goal;
- Learn to create unity in a student government where many opinions differ; and
- Develop strategies for campus outreach to provide the student government with the knowledge it needs to make tough decisions and recommendations.
*You must be 18 years old or older to participate.
For more information on this institute, please contact: