Monday, April 12, 2021
The Awards Committee Chair will oversee the anonymous awards selection committee for the Patsy Morley Outstanding Programmer Award, C. Shaw Smith New Professional Award, the Frank Harris Outstanding Student Government Advisor Award, Diversity Achievement Award – Campus Program, Diversity Achievement Award- Individual, and the Legacy Award. The Achievement Award Selection Committee is composed of the Chair, three at-large members who are staff at an NACA member school and one student from a member school.
• Reviews committee applications, interviews applicants, and selects committee members.
• Reviews all Achievement Award applications.
• Schedules and facilitates Awards Committee conference calls.
• Submits recommended award nominees to the NACA office.
• Integrates and supports principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA Policies and Procedures.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with event initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Communicates the Association’s mission and values to current and potential members to actively promote recruitment and retention.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
• Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
• Must be a full-time professional staff member at an NACA member institution.
• Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
• NACA Connect
• NACA Google Drives
Term of Service
• 6 months
• Sept 1st - April 30th
NACA Office Liaison
Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services
Cultivating a Sense of Belonging
Experiential Leadership Learning
Intentionality in Student Learning
Policy Knowledge, Development & Management
Recruitment and Retention
Volunteer & Staff Management