Friday, October 15, 2021
In support of the mission and vision of NACA, members of the Curriculum Development Team work with office staff to create the curriculum for NACA® Institutes and Summer Series, including, but not limited to, learning outcomes, institute content, and learning experiences. We are seeking volunteers for two different Curriculum Development Teams:
1) Student Government - institute with tracks for students and advisors as well as a virtual Student Government Basics Summer Series week;
2) Programming - institute with tracks for students and advisors as well as a virtual Programming Summer Series week.
• Assists in the creation of an educational curriculum for the institute and its corresponding Summer Series week.
• Participates in regular planning calls with NACA Office staff and other Curriculum Development Team volunteers.
• Integrates and supports principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA Policies and Procedures.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with event and program initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Communicates the Association’s mission and values to current and potential members to actively promote recruitment and retention.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
• Must have experience in curriculum design or designing learning experiences based on outcomes.
• Must have in-depth knowledge of the institute and Summer Series topic.
• Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
• Must be a full-time professional staff member at an NACA member institution, with at least 4 years of experience in the field.
• Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.).
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Volunteer Development Manager must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
• NACA Connect
• NACA Google Drives
Term of Service
November 1 – May 31
NACA Office Liaison
Director of Education & Research
Cultivating a Sense of Belonging
Experiential Leadership Learning
Intentionality in Student Learning