Friday, September 30, 2022
The Awards Committee Student Member will participate in the nomination review process for the Patsy Morley Outstanding Programmer Award, C. Shaw Smith New Professional Award, Frank Harris Outstanding Student Government Advisor Award, Diversity Achievement Award – Campus Program, Diversity Achievement Award – Individual, and Legacy Award.
• Reviews and scores all Achievement Award nominations based on provided rubric.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
Qualifications / Expectations
• The Awards Committee Student Member must be an undergraduate student or a graduate student at a NACA member institution. A graduate student with an assistantship in Student Affairs may be considered for a Professional Staff position on the committee.
• Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
• Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.).
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Volunteer Development Manager must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
• NACA Connect
• NACA Google Drives
• Award nomination packet
Term of Service
October 1 - January 31
NACA Office Liaison
Volunteer Development Manager
Policy Knowledge, Development & Management