- Category: Regional Volunteer Positions
Tuesday, November 26, 2019
• Coordinates planning and implementation of Professional Development Luncheon.
• Receives active communication from NACA® Office staff regarding results of any needs assessment indicating trends, themes and topics of relevance for professional development planning.
• Coordinates the onsite educational session review process, including solicitation on onsite educational session review volunteers, management of onsite logistics for the review process, and dissemination of onsite reviews to both the presenters and the NACA Office.
• Arranges volunteer host for featured speaker who will contact them in advance of the conference to discuss specifics relating to the audience for presentations and answer any questions about the conference as a whole.
• In advance of the conference and in conjunction with NACA® Office staff, plans itinerary for featured speaker and shares itinerary information with featured speaker. When appropriate, plans meal outings, check-in assistance, or other necessary steps for the featured speaker in order to present a courteous and professional image for NACA.
• Submits at least one educational program proposal for the regional conference by the deadline.
• Attends all regularly scheduled regional meetings and conference calls.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA® policies and procedures, as well as other applicable laws and regulations.
Integrates NACA® goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives in all aspects of position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA® leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association, both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor.
The Professional Development Programs Coordinator must be a full-time professional staff member at an NACA® member institution)
Institutional support for the volunteer is required prior to appointment to the position (note: support is defined as financial, as well as time out of the office, etc.)
If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be an NACA® member and provide a statement of support. The NACA® Office and National Volunteer Development Coordinator must be informed of this change and the letter of support must be received at the NACA® Office within 30 days of hiring.