Monday, May 24, 2021
To become familiar with NACA governance, programs, and professional development opportunities.
• Attends NACA® Live and one NACA Conference.
• Presents at least one education session at each event.
• Writes an article for Campus Activities Programming Magazine or a proposal for the Journal of Campus Activities Practice and Scholarship.
• Participates in regular conference calls with the Leadership Fellows Coordinator, mentors, and other fellows.
• Communicates at least monthly with the assigned Leadership Fellow Mentor.
• Provides conference planning support for NACA Live and supports regional programming efforts in their region.
• Integrates and supports principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA Policies and Procedures.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with event and program initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Communicates the Association’s mission and values to current and potential members to actively promote recruitment and retention.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
• Must be full-time professional staff who has been in the field three years or less. Fellows must be a member of an underrepresented population (e.g., Gender, Sexual Orientation, Ability, Race, Ethnicity, Age, etc.). NACA institutional membership is preferred, but not required.
• Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
• Must be a full-time professional staff member at an NACA member institution.
• Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
• NACA Connect
• NACA Google Drives
• Will receive registration waiver for NACA® Live.
• Will receive registration waiver for NACA conference.
Term of Service
• June 1st - Nov 30th of the following year.
NACA Office Liaison
• Education and Research Manager
Cultivating a Sense of Belonging
Experiential Leadership Learning
Intentionality in Student Learning
Networking & Business Relationships
Policy Knowledge, Development & Management
Recruitment and Retention