Whether it's professional development, personal connections, or keeping up with national trends, NACA has the educational opportunities you are seeking.
Association Learning Outcomes
An association curriculum serves as a guide for the educational programs across the organization. It provides a foundation for program planning, alignment, and assessment and ensures consistency across educational offerings.
professional staff members who participate in NACA's educational offerings will be able to:
- Facilitate the advancement of the campus activities profession
- Develop and manage all aspects of campus programming
- Facilitate student and organization development
- Develop, implement and maintain program, policies and procedures that integrate diversity and inclusion
Students of member institutions who participate in NACA's educational offerings will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the varied aspects of campus programming
- Demonstrate enhanced competence in critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making
- Articulate employability skills gained from participation in campus activities
- Integrate principles of diversity and inclusion into campus events
Associate Members who participate in NACA's offerings will be able to:
- Demonstrate techniques that help them navigate and gain knowledge within the college market
- Develop skills to improve their business and expand their network
- Be able to articulate the benefits of a NACA membership
- Integrate principles of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility into their business practices
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Accessibility
The National Association for Campus Activities is committed to creating an engaging environment that empowers members to intentionally center diversity, equity, and inclusion. We integrate and advance equitable and inclusive opportunities to create college communities where everyone belongs.
Research is a vital part of advancing a profession. Campus activities professionals need research and assessment in order to make data-driven decisions. NACA has a variety of ways to assist busy professionals with research and assessment practices.
NACA offers a variety of live and online learning experiences for undergraduate students, graduate students and professional staff. We strive to educate students regarding the varied aspects of campus programming and provide professional development opportunities for all levels of professional staff.
The Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS) offers general standards for 47 functional areas in higher education. These standards provide programs with a framework for development and assessment. NACA is a CAS organization member. Members have representation on the Council, which creates, revises, and approves the Standards and are also given access to two sets of Standards to share with their members.
The Standards for Campus Activities Programs and Assessment Services are available to NACA members at no charge. The Campus Activities Programs Standards will help you create quality programs that engage students and contribute to their learning. The Assessment Services Standards will help ensure you are conducting effective assessments so that you have data to share your stories of student learning and success.
NACA is your one-stop shop for educational resources, whether you want to help your students articulate the employability skills they’ve gained or review a webinar on accessible programming. NACA also has three sets of competencies – Diversity and Inclusion, Campus Activities Professionals, and Student Leadership that we integrate throughout our programs and that you can integrate onto your campuses.