July 17-20, 2017
Texas Christian University
Sponsored by NACA and NCLP
Examining and Reframing Leadership through a Critical Lens
A wide range of leadership theories, frameworks, and models exist that can be used in leadership education. How often do we think deeply or critically about those theories, frameworks, and models and their utility in society today? What strategies can assist us to more critically examine and construct leadership education so that assumptions and biases are discussed and shaped to better embrace the complexity of the world in which we live and lead? As leadership educators we have a responsibility to help students learn how to critically examine leadership concepts and the world around them and to help students develop leadership practices that are inclusive, ethical, and just.
The 2017 National Leadership Symposium focuses on critically examining and reframing how we view and approach leadership. Participants will learn how to deconstruct concepts of leadership, examine what shapes their understanding of leadership, and identify ways to transform their leadership education practice and pedagogies.
Participants of the 2017 National Leadership Symposium will:
- Explore models and theories of leadership using a critical approach;
- Understand what it means to deconstruct and reconstruct leadership models and theories;
- Identify pedagogies and design-thinking practices to facilitate student leadership learning through a critical perspective.
- Engage with other leadership educators in critical conversations about leadership theories, leadership education, and leadership practice.
Early Registration Fees and Deadlines:
$604 for Early Registration until June 9
$654 for Early Registration + Extra Night (July 16 only) until June 9
Regular Registration Fees and Deadlines
$639 for Regular Registration after June 9
$689 for Regular Registration + Extra Night (July 16 only) after June 9
Commuter Registration Fee (No On-Campus Housing Required): $504
Final Registration Deadline: June 23
Registration includes the following:
- Housing on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights (July 17, 18, and 19)
- Dinner on Monday, July 17
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on Tuesday, July 18
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on Wednesday, July 19
- Breakfast on Thursday, July 20
For more information on this institute, please contact:
Telesia Davis, Ph.D.