- Category: National Volunteer Positions
Friday, January 24, 2020
The Chair of the Fundraising Events Committee is responsible, with appropriate NACA Office staff, for facilitating and administering fundraising events for the NACA Foundation.
• Promotes financial giving to the NACA Foundation.
• Coordinates fundraising events other than those presented at regional conferences or activities, including, but not necessarily limited to fundraising events that occur during NACA® Live.
• Integrates NACA® goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives in all aspects of position responsibilities.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA® policies and procedures, as well as other applicable laws and regulations.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA® leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association, both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor.
• Must be a full-time professional staff member at an NACA® member institution.
• Must have approval from and support of their institution prior to applying for the position (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.).
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be an NACA® member and provide a statement of support. The NACA® Office and National Volunteer Development Coordinator must be informed of this change and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA® Office within 30 days of hiring.
• A minimum of two to three years’ involvement in student affairs, campus activities or NACA.
NACA® Office will confirm level of support.
Term of Service
• May 1st – April 30th
• Two years
• Term may be extended at the discretion of the Chair of the Foundation Board.
Foundation Board Member
Fundraising Events Committee
NACA Office Liaison
NACA Executive Director