The Associate Advisory Group Facilitator is responsible for facilitation of regularly scheduled meetings and phone calls of the Group and working with the AAG to collaborate with Association volunteers and the NACA Office to enhance the associate member experience.
• Participates in monthly calls with the NACA Office to prepare for monthly call with entire Advisory Group.
• Develops agenda for and facilitates the monthly Associate Advisory Group calls
• Manages workflow of AAG small groups and project list
• Attends and helps facilitate bi-monthly Associate Chats with the NACA Office in conjunction with the AAG General Members
• Serve as a liaison to one of the NACA Advisory Groups (Research and Scholarship Group, Education Advisory Group, Live Event Action Group or Diversity Advisory Group), Regional Leadership Teams, or NACA Live Team as appointed, acting as a full member of those teams as appropriate.
• Works with the AAG to facilitate networking sessions with other associate members and/or school members.
• Assists with new associate member onboarding as needed as well as general membership retention efforts.
• Identifies and creates educational resources, including presenting educational sessions or webinars as needed.
• Assures that the Association’s Mission and Vision are reflected in the associate member experience by helping create an inclusive, hospitable environment where all associates feel welcome and connected.
• Works with event committees to ensure that the business components of the conference are as successful as possible and to facilitate orientations and networking sessions where needed.
• Identify volunteers within the Associate Advisory Group and general members that may need extra support, help or coaching.
• Facilitates Associate Member Town Hall at NACA events where scheduled. If neither is not able to be in attendance, will designate another person from the Associate Advisory Group.
• Serve as a resource for members and leadership at NACA events
• Works with the NACA Office staff liaison to the Associate Advisory Group on associate issues., serving as a resource for Board Members and Office staff when needed.
• Report to the Board of Directors meetings as needed
• Attend a minimum of three NACA conferences and NACA Live each year of appointed term.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA Policies and Procedures.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with event initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Communicates the Association’s mission and values to current and potential members to actively promote recruitment and retention.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
• Facilitators must have worked with a National Associate company/firm or have been a self-represented National Associate Member for at least two years prior to their appointment.
• Must be at a NACA member institution/company.
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new company must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services must be informed of this change within two weeks. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
• NACA Connect
• Google Drives
Term of Service
• Two Years
• May 1-April 30.
• Any vacancy by a facilitator occurring in the Associate Advisory Group will be filled by appointment by the Chair of the Board. The appointment will serve for the remainder of the position’s term.
NACA Office Liaison
• Associate Services Manager
• Experience and Events Director
Networking & Business Relationships
Recruitment and Retention