• Assist with the review of Showcase policies annually.
• Integrates and supports principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA Policies and Procedures.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with event and program initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Communicates the Association’s mission and values to current and potential members to actively promote recruitment and retention.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
• Assists with the preparation of the production binder with all performing artists’ letters of intent, stage plots, etc as needed by the National Showcase Production Coordinator.
• Assists with the coordination of all stage plots and A/V/tech needs (LCD projectors, etc.) with the National Showcase Production Team, sound and light company, and NACA Office as needed by the National Showcase Production Coordinator.
• Assists the National Showcase Production Coordinator with the presentation of the showcases at NACA Live (as per printed policy.
• Assists with the direct load-in, load-out, sound and light checks, and performances per standard production schedule provided by NACA® Office.
• Assists with the supervision of the volunteer Stage Crew in collaboration with National Showcase Production Coordinator and the contracted sound and light company.
• Attend monthly calls with National Showcase Production Team, Regional Showcase Production Coordinators, and the NACA Office.
• Support the National Production Coordinator in the development and facilitation of trainings offered to Regional Showcase Production coordinators on all showcase policies and procedures.
• Relay and follow up on all communications with the regional coordinators including deadlines, policy updates, resources, etc.
• Attend NACA conferences and support the Regional Showcase Production Coordinator with the load-in, load-out, sound checks, and performances as needed.
• The National Showcase Production Team General Member must not be a current or former employee or intern of an NACA® associate member firm or agency, or plan to be employed by or be an intern for an NACA® associate member firm or agency within the next NACA® fiscal year.
• The National Showcase Production Team General Member should be available during the week immediately following the Showcase Selection Committee meeting to complete showcase production scheduling and communication to the NACA® Office.
• Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
• Must be a full-time professional staff member at an NACA member institution.
• Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of transition.
• Registration waiver, hotel rooms, travel, meals and/or per diems will be provided for NACA® Live and NACA conferences if required to attend.
• NACA Connect
• NACA Google Drives