Friday, January 14, 2022
The NACA® Live Stage Crew plays an active role in supporting the load-in, load-out, sound checks and performance components for all the acts that will appear on the showcase stage at NACA® Live.
• Trains with the onsite production company and Showcase Production Coordinator to learn how to set up, operate, move, and tear down all production audio, visual, and backline equipment.
• Assists with load-in, load-out, sound checks and performances per standard production schedule provided by NACA Office.
• Integrates and supports principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Assures that the associations Mission and Vision are reflected in the attendee experience by helping create an inclusive, hospitable environment where all attendees feel welcome and connected. This includes attending all conference events and meetings to set the tone for attendee engagement.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of, and ensures adherence to, NACA Policies and Procedures.
• Assures that NACA goals, initiatives and relevant strategic plan objectives are integrated with conference initiatives and position responsibilities.
• Follows NACA’s Non-Discrimination, Diversity Advancement and Affirmative Action Principles to recommend others to fill available positions in the NACA leadership and takes the necessary steps to achieve a diverse Association both through the recruitment of volunteers and suggesting to the Board of Directors new or modified programs and services for the Association’s members.
• Communicates the Association’s mission and values to current and potential members to actively promote recruitment and retention.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
Qualifications / Expectations
• Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
• Attends NACA® Live.
• Must be a student from a NACA member institution.
• Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.).
• Stage Crew members must be able to lift a minimum of 20lbs and be on their feet for long periods of time.
• If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Volunteer Development Manager must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within two weeks of transition.
• NACA Connect
• NACA Google Drives
• Will receive registration waiver for conference.
• Hotel rooms paid for NACA conference based on double occupancy.
• Will receive meals and/or per diem for the time they are required to be at the conference.
Term of Service
Friday, February 11, 2022 through Wednesday, February 16, 2022
NACA Office Liaison
Experience and Events Director
Experiential Leadership Learning