Connecting Members and Students in Innovative Ways
The NACA® Internship Program promotes experiential learning by connecting students with member institutions in higher education, business, and the entertainment industry. Professionals at these institutions offer engaging opportunities for students to gain experience in industry-specific work settings, in the process developing valuable skills that can be applied in any professional work setting. Summer internship experiences span up to 12 weeks, from mid-May to August.
As a result of participating in the NACA® Internship Program, interns will have opportunities…
…to gain industry-specific knowledge;
…to apply academic theories in practical settings;
…to apply employability skills and behaviors developed through previous experiential learning activities;
…to develop professional networks;
…to broaden their understanding of professional customs and practices;
…and to clarify career goals and interests.
2017-18 Internship Timeline
Hosts can add positions: Nov. 13 – Jan. 9
Intern applications can be submitted: Nov. 13 – Jan. 19
Hosts can view applications: Jan. 16
Hosts can contact applicants about interviewing: Jan. 23
First round of offers: Feb. 20, starting at 1pm eastern
First round of offers closes: Feb. 26, at 1pm eastern
Second round of offers: Feb. 27, starting at 1pm eastern
Second round of offers closes: March 30, at 1pm eastern
Critical Reminders for Host Employers:
- Do not directly or indirectly make offers prior to February 20, 1 p.m. Eastern
- Give students up to 24 hours, if they request it, to make a decision regarding an offer.
- Role model integrity for our candidates.
- All internship offers and acceptance of offers must be made through the online system. This is critical so that the candidate pools and positions available are up to date for other candidates and hosts.
- Hosts may continue reaching out to candidates to apply for open positions. Interviews and offers are ongoing until positions are filled.
Critical Reminders for Intern Candidates:
- If you are made an offer, it is important to communicate your decision quickly so that host schools can finalize their searches or move on to other candidates. You may ask the host school for up to 24 hours before making your decision.
- Apply for internships in which you have sincere interest, in order to make the process as smooth as possible for you and the hosts.
- All internship offers and acceptance of offers must be made through the online system. This is critical so that the candidate pools and position available are up to date for other candidates and hosts.
To view Frequently Asked Questions,
click here. All other questions can be directed to Kayla Brennan at