NACA® Programming Basics Institute
Washington University in St. Louis
June 13-16, 2013
NACA® Programming Basics Institute Delegate Packet
The NACA® Programming Basics Institute is geared toward NEW college student programmers who have little or no experience coordinating campus programs and events. This hands-on, interactive Institute offers new programmers the opportunity to develop and enhance essential skills necessary to produce campus programs.
Through large group sessions, cluster discussions and hands-on practice, participants will:
• Develop basic programming skills in an experiential format via creating, promoting, implementing and evaluating events during the Institute;
• Develop a network of peers to call upon for ideas, resources and problem-solving;
• Learn ways to publicize and promote campus events to specific audiences;
• Improve leadership skills in areas such as delegation, meeting facilitation and effective communication;
• Enhance their understanding of contracting and negotiation; and
• Advisors attending will have the opportunity to network with each other, attend large group discussions, participate in events and serve as mentors during the event-planning stage.
Accommodations and Meals:
The registration fee includes housing and all meals.
Early Registration Fees and Deadlines:
$494 for NACA members until May 3
$626 for non-members until May 3
Regular Registration Fees and Deadlines:
$573 for NACA members after May 3
$714 for non-members after May 3
Final Registration deadline: May 24
This institute is limited to 75 delegates and is open to NACA members and non-members on a first-come, first-served basis.
Refund Policy for All NACA® Institutes:
Refunds for registration will be made only for requests received in writing at the NACA Office prior to the early registration deadline for the respective event. No refunds will be given for registrations after the stated early registration deadline. However, participant substitutions may be allowed if the request is submitted no later than four weeks prior to the start of the Institute. A $100 administrative fee will be charged for each cancellation.
*You must be 18 years old or older to participate.